July marks the beginning of the 2020-21 AMA Detroit chapter year. Get to know our new President, Amy White-Jones in our new “5 Questions” series.
- Current role: President, AMA Detroit
- Area(s) of expertise: Strategic Marketing, Engagement, Brand
- Favorite thing(s) about marketing: Consulting with business owners and developing a full integrated plan based on goals.
- How did you get into marketing? By accident, I was given a task to create additional sales for a brand and basically created a marketing plan unknowingly which got me promoted into the marketing department.
- What attracted you to the AMA? Being able to network with local marketers and content for additional learning and changes in marketing.
- What do you like most about being a part of AMA Detroit? Relationships with likeminded people and the strategy of how to engage with those in the Greater Detroit area.
- What advice do you have for those just starting their marketing careers? Try to get a wide variety of experience in different areas of marketing if at all possible. It will help you to figure out what you love and are also good at. 😊
- When you aren’t at work or volunteering what would you say is your favorite way to rewind and relax? Being with my family & friends and reading books that help me in my growth as a whole person.